Sunday, August 4, 2013

Where I Did Not Go on Vacation


Another year of summer vacation plans that did not come to be. My first plan was to attend Stitchs Midwest in Chicago-land and visit my friend PawsandKnit. I started in April looking for a reasonable plane ticket and could not find one, even with the plan to fly weekdays. Who knew Chicago was that popular in the summer? We are now working on a plan for November to do the Vogue Live event, will see how that works out.

Then I was invited to go along on one of my bucket list trips. It goes like this: Seattle with a trip to Bainbridge Island to visit Churchmouse Yarns and Tea, then the train ride to Portland and a full on yarn crawl. Could not get my vacation dates changed to join in for this time. Will try to plan this for another year.

I am still planning a little mini-staycation. There will be more on that once I have done it because I need the pictures to go with the post. It is sort of a mission to attain more squished pennies. More on that later.

Until then, happy summer to all~!

1 comment:

linda in chicagoland said...

Wish you were here!

I didn't sign up for any classes but did visit the market on Saturday. Escaped without any yarn but did buy some needles and more of that highlighting tape you turned me on to. Oh, and a set of knitting needle bangles.

Love all of your sewing projects. Great work with a terrific use of pattern and color.