Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Preparing for Charm School #3


While I have yet to finish my Charm School #2 project, it is time to prepare for the third one. They do these classes one a quarter and for the price you can't beat it, $25 gets you three hours of help on your project, the charm pack and the pattern. For me, the best part is three hours with like minded folks, so much fun.

I picked out my charm pack and extra fabric for the pattern Which Way. The pattern shows it with bright colored charms with a white background, I chose a neutral patterned for background and think it will turn out really nice. Time will tell.

Here is how the preparation went:
 
First, I spread out all the charms in the pack, which is Tidal Pool Batiks by Moda. Now I have to pick 32 charms from the 40 in the pack.

 
Of course, I cannot do this complicated task without my helper. He settled on the ones he liked and let me look at the rest for about 20 minutes. Then he got bored  tired and went to take a nap.

 
I chose the ones I liked the most and laid them out on the background that I am using to see if they all will work. I made a couple of adjustments and took the chosen charms to the ironing board for the next step.


I pressed all the charms into points and cut the background fabric as instructed. I am ready for class. More on this project later.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I love those colors! I can't wait to see them finished up.

Extra hugs to your helper. Clearly, he has excellent taste.