Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sock Summit Registration




With only 71 days to the opening of Sock Summit in Portland, today is the day registration opens for the much anticipated SS09.

With all the excitement and tension among the more than 2,000 members of the group on Ravelry, I think I am waiting until at least this afternoon to try to go on and claim the slots I want. Since I have decided that I want to sightsee as well as take some skill classes, I am going for the one-hour slots. This will give me time to practice the new skills without missing out on any of the other fun. At least this is my plan.

I'll let you know how this worked for me later.

Later: after the dust settled on the crashed server (it only took 5 minutes to bring it to a screeching halt) I watched the group board at Ravelry and tracked the tweets from the organizers until I thought it was save to dive in the pool. I managed to get the five 1-hour slots I wanted and a ticket for the Opening Reception on Thursday night. My payment was accepted and I received a confirmation email later in the day. I count myself very fortunate considering the many horror stories that were shared by the other participants. It looks like all the classes sold out the first day. So my airline ticket is purchased, my classes chosen, my hotel room booked (by my roomie - thank you) and some contacts made for fun sightseeing adventures.

I am very excited about August in Portland! I hope you have great things to look forward to this summer!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Congratulations! That will be a really fun trip.