Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fun New Item

In preparation to take my blogging on the road I ordered a Dell Mini 10 while it was at a hot sale price. I have been reading about these for some time now and thought it was time to make the committment.

I ran it by the IT guy at work because they recommend Dell exclusively. He thought it was a really good deal and gave me some pointers on how to change out the security pack (icky Norton) for something just as good and takes less juice to run. And he advised to get the larger battery (6 cell vs 3 cell).

It arrived yesterday as well as the custom netbook cover that I ordered from a gal on Etsy (bertiescloset.etsy.com) Shout out: She did a great job and even went out to find the cat print fabric I wanted. It was a very fast and great workmanship custom order! Thank you, Bertie's Closet @ Etsy.

Now I just have to get the thing set up and take it on a couple test runs to wi-fi hotspots to see how it works. It is much smaller and lighter than my other laptop and will make it easier to carry on the plane and go through security. I will be excited to blog my trips in real time versus coming home and trying to remember everything for each day and match it up with pictures. I hope to run a test with it at Estes Park later this month when I go there for the Wool Festival.

In knitting news: I am currently attempting a hat using the Knit One Below technique. I needed a little, portable project to take on the train trip we are doing on Saturday and this fit the bill. Will have pics to show after Saturday of knitting on a steam train in New Mexico.

The other pic in this post is because I find this a funny thing. This is the mascot for a carwash here in town. He is certainly eye-catching when you drive by. It is called the Quick Quack Car Wash, they specialize in express service and have shops in California and Texas. It just "quacks" me up.

I hope you are finding fun things to giggle at in your world!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I think the Quick Quack Duck needs a scarf.

A really LONG scarf.

I'm just sayin', is all...