Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Monday: Weekend Update - Middle of May



First note: can you believe it is the middle of May? I cannot. Time is racing by this year. By the looks of Pedro he does not care what the calendar says, he is just glad that there are birds in the yard to talk to. Between those visits at the window he likes to lounge around on his scratching curl.




On Saturday I took my dad to see Angels and Demons. It was really good. Lots of action and great location shots in Rome and Vatican City. Dad said he really expected monsters and such in the movie. I found out after that he had not read the book. He is going to now.

Then on Sunday, I went to Hollyberry Needleworks in Old Colorado to take the Knit One Below class. I had read the book and struggled with the cast on technique for a month. Once I watched the class instructor I realized my error and the rest came very easily. Goes back to I am a mulit-facted learner with an emphasis on visual. I am about six inches into the scarf that I will use for a upcoming class sample for Nuts and Bolts. This is a really fun knit and makes beautiful fabric. I hope to make the reversible vest for fall wear after I finish the scarf.

I hope everyone is enjoying their spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for coming to the class... it was fun... and I'm glad you like the stitch... it is really a neat and fun stitch to do... I am looking forward to making another vest... but not just yet