Monday, March 23, 2009

March is National Craft Month: Learn Something New


What new technique do you want to learn? Do you want to learn new knit stitch patterns? New crochet patterns? New card making or scrapbook techniques? Now is a good time to learn something more in-depth or completely new. I saw that Joann's and Hobby Lobby are both offering demos on Saturdays in March, there is still time to experiment with a new craft or add knowledge to your favorite.


Or you can take a class at one of the yarn shops or even a tour of what videos are offered on You Tube. For example: Cat Bordhi has the funniest video on her Hungry Stitch technique to keep the wobble out of your SSKs. She has several others and so do many other knitters. I rely on one in particular to refresh my memory of how to do the Moebius Cast On.


Even though I love the ease in which I can find instructions and videos on new and different techniques, I still think going to take a class is a great idea. Not only do you have the instructor right there in front of you to ask questions and discuss variations with, you also have other folks who are interested in learning and sharing their ideas which adds a whole new perspective to your experience.

I recommend to anyone that finding something you enjoy doing and learning more about it will add enjoyment to your daily life. I hope to hear news of your creations in the future!

No comments: