Saturday, March 7, 2009

Knit Shop Adventure and Sock Monkeys Galore

Saturday I had the distinct pleasure of spending it in Denver with CatWithCats. I got to meet her two adorable kitties, Taffy and Purcy. They put on quite a show for me.

We went to Olde Town Arvada to her favorite yarn shop, Knit Knack to introduce me to the owner so I could show her my dpn holders and stitch markers that I make. The shop was so busy we did not get the opportunity to do that so just looked around at all the lovely things they have. Fortunately Cat found some yarn she was looking for and she showed me the awesome Sock Monkey window display. I understand that the display changes each month and the monkeys are dressed to celebrate whatever is the next holiday coming up. This month is all about the wearing 'o the green and these monkeys do it with abandon while sliding down the Cascade 220 rainbow.

Then we went to lunch at the Grandview Grill down the street. Yummy food and a nice, cozy atmosphere. I got the tour of the library, who can pass up an opportunity to scope out what great audio books and movies another library might carry.

We were off to Petsmart to buy cat food, I had promised her little furry roomies that I would not let her come home without their food. And I could not resist buying my own furry wonder his own scratching curl. He has been so good up until recently with just scratching on my dining room chairs that can and have been recovered. However, just the other morning I noticed he was clawing at the carpet by the door. Since I am an apartment dweller I do not want to replace the carpet because of him. So I took this item home for him and he likes it, a lot.

To get even for the great sales job she did to me at the Petsmart, I talked her into going into the Hallmark store where I introduced here to hoops and yoyo. It was great and soon, I know, she will be the proud owner of a Panic Button for her desk at work.

All the fun we had and I did not knit a stitch until I returned home Saturday evening, where I completed the final rows on the first German kid cardi. Look for pictures in the next post. Hope you had a fun-filled Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Pedro loves his toy. Taffy was really playing with ours the other day - it even looks like she is scratching on the appropriate place and no longer on the couch! YAY!!