Sunday, July 27, 2008

Updates on Fancy Sock Knitting


Loopy, as seen here, examining the completed top of my BullyWoolies sock.

I came home last night from the Stitch N Pitch, looked over my progress of about 4 inches of knitting in the foot and decided that I was going to have to rip it out and start over from the gusset. This revelation occured after trying it on. It was too large in the foot section. The top of it is a little snug however I will NOT be ripping out all that colorwork. So I decided to sleep on the decision.

This morning I ripped! all the way back to the beginning of the heel turn. Then I spent a diligent hour picking up all the stitches and reknitting the heel turn and picking up the gussett.

Now, the pattern calls for these socks to be knit on size 4 needles. I thought that seemed a bit large and got this far on size 3s. I will be making the matching sock on size 4 for the top and size 2 for the foot from the gussett down. I believe that even the size 2 may be a bit loose and will probably use 4 and 1 on the next pair.

Nothing like a little experimentation with a pattern to help you fully understand sock construction and de-struction.

I hope you are all finding fabulous ways to spend your days!

No comments: