Sunday, July 6, 2008

Test Frog Lift-Off





And so for the rest of the weekend Pedro and I visited with the neighbors and sat on the porch, read magazines, did laundry and knitted.


I had to finish the test frog to see what and how I can make him better.






The finished project is below and he turned out much larger than I intended. So I have the next one in pieces on my table at home. I am using the matching yarn weight in white which I think will help size him down. As you can see he begins as frog legs and grows from there.


The toughest part was finding the correct eyes for him. I tried the big craft stores here in town and discovered that they mostly carry the wiggle eyes for toys.


So I went online and snooped around until I found Harvey's Hobby Hut. He carries a wide variety of toy and doll making supplies. I ordered eyes size 15 in a bright blue and bright yellow. I think they will be really fun on the other non-green frogs I have planned.






More from the frog pond later. Hope the water is fine and your lily pad floats!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome frog. Truly cool.

Froggerrific!