Sunday, January 20, 2008

KIC It! or Going for Level One.

Time to work on my certification. I have been knitting hats and handwarmers since the first of the year instead of working on my Knitting Instructor's certification program from CYCA (Craft Yarn Council of America). Bad on me!

So this weekend I have to set aside the production knitting and get in gear with swathces to turn in for my first level evaluation. I have the first 3 done and have 5 or 8 more to go. I will also be knitting my very first cable. Little scared here. My excuse this past week was I did not have a serviceable cable needle and I ran out of time(do you sense procrastination?)

It should be fine now because I have on order from Knit Picks the new Harmony Wood cable needle set. And I have Melissa Leapman's book Cables Untangled from the library to read up on the awe-inspiring cable technique that I am about to venture into. I know some of you are laughing at me right about now because you have seen the Knitting Daily logo of Knitting Fearlessly on the blog. However that may be more bravado than truth...okay, I'll just believe.

And do you love the graphic for this post? I found it online at Arg! Cartoon Animation Studio. There are several that are so cute and I made sure I credited them so no one gets upset with copywrite issues.

Hope you are enjoying a warm and productive winter so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Knitters Instruction Certificate sounds really interesting! Good luck with working on that.