Sunday, January 20, 2008

Birthday Celebration: Part Two

And this weekend I got to spend the afternoon with my very good friend, M. We went to see Enchanted. What a fun movie. Even better than I expected. Disney went all out to produce this one. You have to watch very carefully to pick up on the various fairy tale and previous Disney movie references. I will have to see it again when it comes out on DVD, maybe have to add it to my movie collection.

Then we had a fun lunch at Ruby's Diner, with presents. Not everyone will give me a sharp kitchen knife in a public place. Good thing it was after the lunch rush. :-) And there were other fun things in the gift bag, like a lovely pin I can use on a knit scarf or neck warmer, a mini book of writer block buster ideas, very handy, plus a staple-less stapler and fun notepad.

Many thanks to M for the fabulous day and the many cards she started sending me 6 months ago to get me ready for this milestone birthday. Friends don't come any better than that.

Hope your birthdays include special family and friends to help you celebrate!

No comments: