Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Round Two

This year, the Saturday after Christmas was the official family gathering for traditional dinner and more frivolity. The Georgia guests had recuperated from their long trip to get here and the rest of the family that live in the immediate area were able to join the family to celebrate.


My day began by taking down the Christmas tree and packing up the decorations to go back to the storage shed. I had help, of course.







I made the trek up the mountain to the folks house and had to stop for this fabulous pic just west of downtown Woodland Park of the Tree People's woodcarving lot of the hot pink dinosaur and palm tree.





And this is the sight that greeted me in the yard at my folks. These are imported snow bunnies from the great state of Georgia. They had so much fun sledding in the driveway.


In the house I found Mom with the makings of the dinner in full swing, ham, sweet taters, mashers, lima beans (my fave) and I brought the stuff to make pineapple casserole. I like this as a side dish for ham, and after the meal, it doubles as a not-too-sweet dessert - just add Cool Whip. Yummy!

Here is the recipe:
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drain half liquid
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 lb. butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
5 slices bread
3 large eggs

Mix ingredients together, pour into a greased 8x4 bread loaf pan. Bake at 350-degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.

After dinner all found pursuits like cribbage, go fish, and my brother performed some card tricks to the awe of the nephews.

When I returned home I found Pedro happily ensconced in his kitty igloo, dreaming about chasing mice and snacking on salmon.


Hope you had lots time to spend with family and friends this holiday season.

No comments: