Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sewing - Zippy bags - Zombie and Roses



I have been practicing the sewing techniques that I have learned from the pattern by Terry Atkinson called Monkey Business. It makes the cutest little zippered bag with an expandable bottom I have ever seen.

The real fun is in picking out coordinating fabrics to build the next one and then adding an embellishment or two and a zipper pull. Each one I have made so far has found a home far and away as a gift or a requested item.

The two pictured here were for co-workers' birthdays this month. My mother helped with the creation by doing the embroider patterns that I managed to find. That idea just adds further interest and fun to these bags.



Since these have been gifted I have picked from my fabric leftovers some more color combos to make some more. These may show up on the Etsy shop before long as knitting notion keepers. Most may be without embroidery since I do not have the machine to do that part, but I may talk my mom into some more designs if she has the time. 

No comments: