Monday, May 23, 2011

Knit Project(s) Update




I have so many going on at once, I figured it was easier to update them all at once.

First up, the projects I am doing in unison of the classes I am teaching. The Baby Surprise Jacket is to the prescribed row for the homework I assigned. The good thing, there are only 24 rows to go. My next dilemma with it is: I am going to run out of yarn which was leftovers from my own sweater. So I will be stash diving to see if I have a complementary color that I can use for a stripe affect or if I will have to take it to match up at the shop.

Next up are the Felted Clogs. I am happy to report that all the parts are complete and ready to assemble in time for our next class meeting. It makes it so nice to have the Denise Interchangeable set of needles because I can leave pieces on cables and just take the tips and start another part. This pair are for mom and they are made from leftovers from all the other pairs that I have knit in the last two years. I think she will get a kick out of them. :-)

The Open Summer Cardi is the next thing I will work on, I need to be finished with it through the bottom section in two weeks for the second session of class. I am about a third of the way there.

And I started a vest this weekend. I am almost to the armholes and hope to have it finished to wear this coming weekend. I am glad it is out of bulky yarn. Mom and I both started one and we are using Loops and Threads Charisma yarn that we found at Michael's. Mine is in the Lakeside colorway (shown) and mom's is in Ashes, both colors will go beautifully with jeans.

I hope everyone is having a productive Spring~!

No comments: