Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On the Needles: A New Vest


This vest is the Knit One Below Reversible Vest. I am knitting it out of Plymouth Encore Worsted in Royal Purple, leftover from my Summer Cardi and Interlacements Oregon Worsted in colorway 206 aka Las Vegas Brights.

After three attempts I am finally knitting in the bottom of the body of the vest. My first attempt was a mess up of the set up rows, the second was a cast on issue, the third was 10 rows in and I measured, came up 8 inches too big. So now I have cast on the same number of stitches for the casual version with a size 6US (2 sizes smaller than recommended), so far it is looking good. I will be measuring at the 10 row mark to see if it is closer to the right size.

I find this technique is very difficult to gauge. I measured the one I had knit for the shop a year ago and when I reviewed the pattern, I realized I was way off. Good thing that was just a sample.

As usual, I am documenting my changes and notes to a copy of the pattern so I have it for future. I hope everyone has a fun, new project to knit before Spring arrives ~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Oooooohhhh. I like that vest very much. I can't wait to see the finished product!