Sunday, February 6, 2011

KWCG Sock of the Month - February Update



For this week's update I have good news, I am through the heel turn and ready to do the decreases on the first sock. I love this yarn! It is the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock lightweight and is wonderful to knit with. It does not split on sharp points, the pattern technique really pops and the color changes make it interesting no matter what part of the sock you look at.


I knit this pattern, Mock Cable Rib, over 64 stitches on size 1US (2.25mm), all the way around the leg for 6 inches, did the 2.5 inch heel flap and picked up a total of 20 stitches on each side for the gusset. The leg is stretchy while maintaining a crisp patterned look.


These socks are car project for the month until it is done. I am tracking my progress on Ravelry with the start date of February 1st. It will be interesting to see how fast they do go this time. k

I hope everyone has a fun project they are working on this month~!

No comments: