Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's On My Needles?


I am loving this cold front train that is making a daily progression through Colorado. Last week when we were attempting to break the 100-degree high temp mark (pfffftttt....) I was hoping some cold front weather god would take pity on us and they have.

I just came back in from lunch and it is 58-degrees outside -- in July and it is wet. Yippee!

In knitting news, I have more fun things on my needles this week. To begin: I have two mini socks yet to knit for The Craft's Meow's booth (#1115) at Sock Summit. I will be delivering them to her when I arrive. I have a little bit left of some fun colors so I may knit another pair of the magic slippers for display purposes at the shop. They are so fun to knit and what a clever way to use up leftover sock yarn.

Last night I finished a second sample of lace knitting in the form of mini scarves for shop samples. I will be teaching a beginning lace class in September. These patterns will make up beautiful scarves which are great for holiday gifts.

Then I started the Prairie Boot pattern. I had the sole all knit and decided that I did not like it in single strand weight so ripped it out and knit it in double worsted strand weight. That is much better. I hope to start adding the top color to it. Again, this is a sample for the shop because one of my August students wants to knit this pattern.

And, hopefully this week, I plan to put beads on the yarn for a pair of Wristwatchers from this month's edition of Knitter's magazine. They are one of the Lite projects featured in the magazine and look fabulous and another great gift idea.

And in my other projects category, I have been creating stitch markers out of buttons for my swap item at Sock Summit. I have them all built and will be trading them attached to my Moo minicard to interested folks. It should be a lot of fun.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: