Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sock Summit Homework and Tools



Even though I am signed up for five classes at Sock Summit, I have no real homework. The hardest part has been pairing up my tools with the yarn I will use to practice the new skills I will be learning.

I am going to knit a couple sets of sock legs so I am ready to practice the bind offs that Chrissy Gardiner is going to try to teach us in one hour. My other classes include one for the Magic Loop Cast On, one for adding beads to my knitting, another for creating the perfect rib with Cookie A, one for short row heels that are used with toe-up socks and finally some Japanese stitch techniques used in socks being taught at Knit Purl by Judy Sumner.

Sorting the tools that will have to go in my checked baggage has been a challenge. I don't want to forget anything however I do not want to take everything I own.

And the last mystery is what do I want to take for a travel project. I have considered the very small Harmony dpns on another mini sock which I should be able to finish en route to Portland on the nonstop flight. Then I think I should be working on a sock of actual size so I have a pair by the time I return from the Sock Summit. All these choices and so little time left to decide. As Cockeyed said this week, it is only (number inserted from countdown of how many days until I travel to SS09, in this case - 6) more sleeps.

I hope everyone has great plans in their future!

2 comments:

Jax Bubis said...

Donna, Have a great time. I know you will. I'll be thinking of you.

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

That is going to be FUN!
(I love your idea for a CoSprings workshopbut I can't find your email addy- I know I have it but aaaghhh- please send it so I can reply!)
Gale
ezisus@snet.net