Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Update - How July Flys

This is how our weekend began. Pedro is perched on his new vantage point that I built, not for his usage, but for the floor-clearing that was necessary for the carpet cleaning of traffic areas for the year. The leasing office is kind enough to offer this service after you have signed your lease for the year.

Once that was done on Friday morning, then I met the folks and my sister for the much-anticipated sixth movie in the Harry Potter series. It was great. Several humorous moments of teenage love pangs and new revelations of what drives who to do what. Of course, if you have read the books you already know the story but it is so much fun to see how they will interpret it for the big screen. Just a note, for this movie, IMAX is not really necessary for all but the first 15 minutes of the movie.




In knitting news, I felted the first clog for my class sample. It turned out beautifully. I really like this pattern for a fun knit and a great wearable item.

I will be teaching this class in October, just in time to make holiday gifts for your loved ones and friends.






In other knitting news, I am working on finishing the knitted samples of The Craft's Meow's sock yarn for her booth at Sock Summit 2009. She will be in booth #1115.

Only 17 days away and I have three more skeins to knit up. I decided that I have done several mini socks for display and needed to mix it up a little, so, I knit a pair of Magic Slippers from a free pattern off Sock Pixie's blog.

These are really cute and fun to knit. They will make a cute baby shower gift if you have or know of anyone with babies on the way. This pair took less than 25 yards total of sock yarn on size 1 needles.

In other knit related news, I have been adding DPN holders to my Etsy shop and have some new additions that I think are really cute. I will be adding Beach Monkeys this week, and I have a selection of Christmas ones that include precocious penguins, caroling raccoons, snowmen, Santa plus reindeer and Halloween ones. I will also be adding alligators and more monkeys.

While I was doing all this I was writing up my list of knitting supplies I have to pack in my suitcase to take to Portland for SS09. I am very excited to be going.

I hope everyone had a fun-filled weekend!

2 comments:

Cathy R said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Those booties are the CUTEST thing ever!!!!!!!!!!

I really need to go get that pattern.

Thanks for sharing!

Happy Packing!!

Mary Mc said...

OMG! Beach Monkies in bathing suits no less! How funny. And the clogs...can't wait for the class. Hoping to bring my friend who hasn't done any felting either. We are felt virgins but willing to learn.

Cya then!

Naughty Knitter Mary