Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Progress Report: Handwarmers with a Thumb


The handwarmers I started the end of January are showing progress. I have the first one complete and the second one to the thumb gusset. The second one had a rocky start and had to be ripped out twice because I could not wrap my mind around symetrical cables. I ended up knitting it just like the first and, when theyr are next to each other I cannot see the difference.

I am knitting these off a pattern from Kimberly Gintar's free patterns. The yarn is YarnArt's Nope Lux worsted weight from Turkey, it is an interesting combo of wool30/acrylic70. It is very soft and warm. The handwarmer is long, the wrist portion comes halfway up my forearm. It will be good for gals who like to wear short sleeves in winter and still want to be warm. I hope to have these done in time for my first cable class as a sample, then I will gift them to their intended recipient.

I hope you are all creating fun things this winter!

No comments: