Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Moebius Update or Diabolical Plot and SPRING!



Sheepy is demonstrating how easy remembering the Moebius cast on is, or not. My mom and I are beginning to think it is a diabolical plot to tie us up in knots or to test the durability of the yarn that we are using. This past Saturday we sat for 4 hours and cast on at least 47 times before we got it figured out again. Finally, as the sun was waning and the snow flurries were beginning again, we both got the cast on and first row done for another basket.

Of course she has one completed from our class and my first one is still in this stage. Here is where the bowl part is just opening up. And now I have a second cast on. At some point I will have to finish one or the other.

But while they both sit idle I have been working on all the swatches I have to knit for my KIC Level One. I am happy to report that I am one swatch away from completing the first submission to finish my Level One.



Here is the first batch drying on the blocking board.


And while I am finishing that Pedro and I are looking for spring. Here in the Rockies, Spring is a tricky beast. It shows up one day and tempts us with warmer weather and some early bird song. Then the next day we get more white stuff and, voila, we have glorious pictures of winter again. This picture was taken from the Woodland Park Safeway parking lot of the back side of America's Mountain - Pikes Peak - on Saturday.


The on Sunday, the weather map was a wide array of colors with ever version of possible weather imaginable. From this map I got a great idea for a knitting project. It will be my secret knit. Once I get it done I will offer the pattern to you as a spring gift.

Pedro still has high hopes that the warmer weather is just around the corner and begs to go out every evening that it is still light and mostly warm when I get home from work.


And he has supervised the inaugral flight of the swift I received as a much-appreciated Christmas gift. He watched intently from his perch while I assembled it but as soon as I made it "fly" he ran off. Then he came back as I was photoing so he could be in the picture.















I hope you are finding evidence of spring in your world!

No comments: