Thursday, March 20, 2008

KIC It! 2008 - Update


Yippee! My level one work is complete for the CYCA knitting instructor certification. My student teaching hours are complete and submitted. I am mailing the actual knitting pieces tomorrow for evaluation. With any kind of luck at all I will pass it in one attempt. Send mojo!

Here is my Level One Teacher's Handbook ready for mailing.






And I have secured my first paid teaching job at Ben Franklin's in Woodland Park in May. Since they already have a beginning knitter teacher, I will be teaching knit stitch pattern techniques to add texture to your knitting. It will be basic knit and purl textures to begin with. I have called the series "It's Just Two Stitches."


Now I can begin to get the samples for the class knitted. I will be teaching it as swatches and sharing how to do the math for a project. The samples will be of projects you can do with these stitch patterns. I have plans for a throw pillow called Diagonals and Diamonds, spa cloths, and a sampler scarf that will be ongoing until it gets too long to actually wear. My deadline for samples is the first part of April...egads! that is only 10 days away. Best get busy.
Hope you are following your dreams and living your passions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See here or here

Jax Bubis said...

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment. I have two projects going; an afghan made from 7x9 squares, each square done in a different stitch, seven colors as well. Thought it would be good practice. The other is a shawl made with homespun.