Monday, March 10, 2008

Kitty Knits - Cat Lovers Unite!

Donna Druchunas is my kind of person. I have seen so many pet related knitting books and patterns that are geared towards dog lovers but little has been done up to this point for cat lovers.

Finally, the cat will have its day.

I saw this advertised first in the latest Knitpicks catalog, and followed it from there. The pic offered here is from her website, Sheep to Shawl, and she does a good job of sharing what is in the book.

Of course, I ordered the book and it arrived yesterday. It was all I could do to put it away in my messenger bag at work and not touch it. So far I have found at least 8 projects I must do. My favorites are the socks and the hat. Those first for fast finish projects. Then the Fair Isle pullover with cat faces.

There are also projects to knit for your favorite four-pawed friends and family members. Everything from catnip mice to cat beds embellished with needle felting to a fancy cat mat where they can dine on their favorite treats.

I am even going to use a lace pattern that represents a cat face for my yarnover swatch sample for the KIC Level One submission.

If you can't tell...I am VERY excited about this book. I suggest all you cat lovers out there go to her site linked above and have a look at it.

Hope everyone is following their dreams and passion wherever it leads you!

No comments: