Sunday, March 30, 2008

Big News: Successful Completion of KIC Level One

Doing the Snoopy Happy Dance here! I passed my exam for my Level One knitting certification. I am very excited and Pedro was happy to that I did not step on him in the process of dancing about the apartment.

The next step is Level Two. That will include color work, ie. Fair Isle, mosaic, intasia, duplicate stitch, then I will be designing two small projects of my own to use those techniques in. I have one already in mind that will be a Fair Isle hat especially for the Rocky Mountain Springtime.

Right after I got off the phone with my instructor I headed out to deliver my first sample for my upcoming class on knitting stitch patterns. Shown here is the finished item, a pillow using four squares of diamonds and diagonals for the front and the seed stitch for the back.


A big thank you to my assistant, I could not have finished the seaming without the quality control checks from Pedro.



I am signed up for another class in June to teach reversible stitch patterns to be used on face/spa cloths, scarves and afghans. If anyone has a favorite they want to share with me, please do so.

Hope all of you are living your dreams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Donna!! I'm pleased to hear that you passed your exam (pleased, but not suprised).

Kitties do adjust to "Happy Dances", don't they?