Friday, May 30, 2014

Striped Socks


Finally finished this pair of socks that I started last April as mindless knitting for The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling.

I did get a lot done on the first sock that particular weekend however then they were relegated to my car knitting and I did not do a lot of that over the next few months. So I pulled them out of the car and brought them in to be TV knitting.

I finished the first sock a week ago and cast on the second one. Lo and behold, I knit the second sock in three days. Now they are a pair.

The pattern is just a basic tube sock over 64 stitches on size 1 (2.5mm). I knit a 2 inch rib section, then knit a total of 12 inches from the cast on edge before starting the toe.

The yarn is the specially dyed skein that I go at the 2011 Spring Fling, last time it was in St. Louis.

It is fun to have a souvenir from a very fun event. I hope everyone has great knit projects that remind them of memorable times. Happy Knitting to All~!

No comments: