Thursday, May 22, 2014

Camp Loopy 2014 Begins Soon - This Year: Fabric Challenges



For the past two years I have participated in The  Loopy Ewe's Camp Loopy for knitting projects. I think the first year I completed all three challenges. Last year I think I managed one.

So this year I was not very enthused to consider camp for knitting because I have so much going on with family event changes and work. Then she posts she is going to include fabric challenges. Well, yes, I reviewed the first one and said Why Not!

I have received my order from the camp store and am working on designing a table runner for the first challenge. 

The first challenge is to use 3 half yards of batiks in colors that remind you of your hometown or your favorite place. The colors I picked are happy colors that go with a grey neutral and will brighten up my office.

We can begin work on the project June 1 so watch for progress posts after that. I have everything in a Loopy carry bag with my camp pin on it. I am very excited to try something new this year. And leave my knitting "deadline-less" for the summer.

Happy crafting to All~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I was so very tempted, but I want to finish the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt first before I take on any other projects.

I just have to pick my battles.

(Even though, when I read the guidelines for the first fabric challenge, my mind immediately went to bright purple, green and gold for New Orleans Mardi Gras!!)