Monday, February 3, 2014

In Knitting: Testing another Rikke Hat


While I was assessing my UFO list, for both knitting and sewing projects, I came up with an idea to knit another Rikke Hat.

Since I do not have all the yarn needed to do the version I really want, I figured that I should knit a test version with some leftover yarns I found in my basket that I cleaned out and rearranged as well.

So, I cast it on using the notes from the last one I knit (in 2012) and started working on it while I watched the Big Game yesterday afternoon.

As of this morning, I am two rows away from changing needle size (15 garter ridges of brim on smaller needle).

My ultimate goal is to knit one in dark (stormy) gray with six colors of bright stripes and it will be called Colorful Stripes for a Dark and Stormy Day. I have been wearing the first one I knit a lot over the last week with lots of compliments about how it fits.

This first one is slightly too big and takes a bit to keep it in place because of slippage. It is a good thing I had written up the mods I would do for the next one and put it in my project at Ravelry, that saves a lot of time when I am ready to do another one of a particular pattern.

This hat pattern is also great in plain yarn, tonal would be a great choice and I recommend Malabrigo Rios. And it is wonderful mindless knitting for travel or TV watching. Just don't forget to change to the larger needle size when the brim is done, ask me how I know.

I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the last six weeks of winter, according to Phil. Happy Post Groundhog Day~!

No comments: