Thursday, February 6, 2014

Be Still My Heart


This heart project is the cutest thing and leads me to believe that love is in the air.

The pattern is from Pieces of My Heart, it is #471 called Lonely Hearts Club. And this one is done using a Midwinter Reds charm pack by Minick and Simpson for Moda. I love these colors together and think that it can be displayed year-round because it does not scream "seasonal".

It goes together easily, pattern instructions are excellent and well described. After consulting with the quilting gals I decided to do straight line quilting with the aid of a Frixion pen instead of chalk. (now I want another of these pens in white, it works great). And I used my quilting table extension that came with my machine for the first time.

This will be one of my go-to patterns for gifts from now on. I hope everyone has someone(thing) that they love this first week of February~!

No comments: