Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Trek to Breck: New Hat to Knit



When I went up to Breckenridge for a work event, I took a new pattern for a really cute hat to knit in my off time. It is from the latest Knit Simple magazine. It is called the Tasseled Hat. (looks like I am the second person to be knitting this on Ravelry).

I found some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool to knit it up and cast on this evening with a little help from MiniMoose. My first adjustment to the pattern was to do a provisional cast on because the pattern calls for picking up stitches to do the brim. Otherwise the rest of it reads well. It calls for a size 9 however I think I will have to use an 8 because I am not getting gauge and think this will be too loosely knit.

I love the color and hope it will have some leftover so I can knit stripes into the grey I got for handwarmers.

It is beautiful in Breck and I got to see some snowflakes and soak up some much needed cooler temperatures. I hope everyone is enjoying some Fall weather where they are~!

No comments: