Monday, September 3, 2012

Rios - Pile of Gifty Goodness


The holiday season is fast approaching, no, I will not torment you with the number of days in the countdown, but I know it is time to get knitting.

I opted this year to do neckwarmers aka cowls for gifts and I wanted the softest, bestest yarn I could use. Lo and behold, my mother tipped me off to a sale at Paradise Fibers for Malabrigo Rios. It is the worsted weight version in superwash.

So, I ordered a bunch of skeins after I made my gift list of who would use a neckwarmer of this caliber. I looked for a pattern that would be great for portable knitting and do justice to the fabulous colorways that I ordered. The pattern I tested and really like is called Malabrigo Neck Thingie. The pattern shows off the subtle color changes beautifully (even if the picture does not reflect this).

Each Thingie takes less than one skein and I plan to make a car version for myself out of all the leftovers, I think that will be really cool.

Note: picture above - all Rios in the colorways as follows:
Top row from left to right - Archanger, Purple Majesty, Ravelry Red, Candombe, Cumparsita.
Bottom row from left to right - Glazed Carrot, Purpursa, Zamazora and Teal Feathers.

No comments: