Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Apron that Started it All



This is the apron that re-energized my sewing bug. Earlier this summer I met the woman who designed it and learned the story behind it. I was impressed and knew that I had to take this class.

This is the apron that makes money for the Alzheimer's Respite Care program. The pattern and the book, When Life Hands You Alzheimer's, Make Aprons by Gwen O'Leary, are sold to raise money for the program with all proceeds going to that end.


Gwen offfers the class to interested shops and, according to the website, has done that around the country.


She will be giving the class in Woodland Park on September 29th at Nuts and Bolts. I think there may be a couple slots left if anyone is interested. I will be showing off my work on this project as it happens. 

No comments: