Friday, November 22, 2013

Charm School 4 - Lots of Pieces, Lots of Fun



I am so glad I learned  my lesson about doing homework before these classes. The pattern for this one includes lots of little pieces and I would not have learned as much if I had waited to start.

So my starting point was laying out the half square triangles pieces where I discovered I needed 16 squares of medium value to make identify the center X better. Glad I had not gotten too far ahead of myself. :-)



By the end of class, I had half of the center square assembled and one point with instruction of how to finish the assemblage of what is, in essence, a nine-patch square.

My goal is to have the top completed, or be to the point of final questions by Black Friday. Then, while all the other shoppers are crowding somewhere else, I can go to the quilt shop and ask my last questions.

It is a fun design and good practice for matching points. And it looks like I will be able to do this one start to finish on my own machine.

Project notes: Pattern - Little Bites Chip, combined fabric from two charm packs - Sweet Pea by Kansas Troubles and Little Seasonal Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings, background and backing and binding is all from Kansas Troubles.

No comments: