Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Charm School 4 - Homework


The last charm school of the year is the Friday before Thanksgiving. It is one that has lots of little pieces so I got my supplies and consulted with the instructor on how much homework I could do.

The pattern we are using is from Miss Rosie Quilts called Little Bites Chip. I am using a blend of two charm packs - Sweet Pea by Kansas Troubles Quilters and Seasonal Little Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings; both by Moda.

The prework I can do includes chain piecing 50+ pieces together to make the half square triangles (the picture shows all chain pieced and ready to cut them apart). I got a new tool that helps speed up the chain piecing cut aparts.

Once they are cut apart I can square them up and lay them out to get ready to sew the center block. I know that a three hour class is not enough time to get to the point section and that is where I will need to understand the construction part. So I will be there when I walk in the door in about two weeks.

More later when I have another good picture to show. Happy sewing to all!

No comments: