Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Hats of January


By now, some of you are asking: Have I been doing any knitting? Yes, I have. 

For the entire month of January I knit hats. I fell in love with a pattern called Shroom after I had visited, in December, the much anticipated re-opening of Serendipity in Buena Vista. I loved that is was knit out of Spud and Chloe Outer yarn and, because of the sample, bought a skein to bring home and try. First mistake I made was not to read the yardage requirements. I ended up needing two skeins and had to order one online because the shops locally were not carrying this yarn. 

I knit the hat, it is a little big but the wide brim makes it great to fold on a really cold day. So, all in all, a great first attempt at this pattern. Then I knit six more out of various brands of bulky weight yarn, several I gave away, a couple I kept. 
Once I exhausted my fingers on this pattern I moved on to knitting a couple simple hats out of Malabrigo Rios as I wrote and tested a hat pattern of my own design. I am happy to report the pattern is complete, it has been offered to The Loopy Ewe's Spring Fling group as a pre-event gift. I will be offering it for sale on Ravelry after the Fling. I am knitting one more to verify that all is correct in the pattern before I offer it.

It was a fun and productive month of hats and I have worn different ones to work each cold day which was lots of fun.

I hope everyone is having a great time with their knitting~!

No comments: