Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sewing: Charm School


In February I went to my first Charm School. Yes, I did sit at my sewing machine with a book on my head (that is a reference for my mother to giggle about).

Since I started exploring sewing and quilting I have become obsessed  really interested in the precut fabrics, namely charm packs.

Those are the samplings of fabric lines that come in a packet of 42 squares of 5 inches. There are lots of fun choices and vary widely.

The class I took was for the tote in the picture. It is the Whimsy Tote pattern from Front Porch Quilts. I used the Bohemian Festival by Riley Blake, plus a green swirl fabric for framing and lining.

It was a really fun project where I learned about bag interfacings that work so the bag can stand up, prairie points, and that you should cut your pieces before class so you have more time for sewing.

The bag makes a great knitting project bag so will get lots of use. It is fun to combine both of these passions and create some really fun items.

Happy Knitting and other crafting to all~!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great looking bag. use it in good health.