Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Knits - Chevron Beanie



Another failure this summer was the class that I was taking at Green Valley Weavers and Knitters that was scheduled to wrap up the Sunday they closed Highway 24 because of the Waldo Canyon Fire. The instructor lives up the pass and was unable to get to the shop. Since then I have heard nothing about a rescheduled make up day so I guess that class is now over.

So I repurposed the yarn that I had purchased for twined mittens into a couple new hat projects. The first one is a Chevron Beanie from the book by Cascade Yarns that features their new sportweight yarn, 60 More Quick Knits for Cascade 220 Sport.

The pattern for this hat is number 55 in the book. It turned out really cute in the purple and lime colors. I will be making more of these.

I hope everyone is having a good end to their summer and are as excited as I am about cooler fall weather coming soon~!

No comments: