Monday, October 6, 2008

Prepping for My Sock Class

While I was in Taos this weekend I received good news that I have seven students for my "Mastering the Art of Sock Construction" (no hard hat required). So I spent this day off at home making sock parts for class examples and gathering supplies. I think of it as packing for a trip without the need for the quart baggie, unless I need to go through security between my house and Woodland Park.

The new shop, Nuts and Bolts, in Woodland Park is coming along nicely. They are already bringing in yarn and complementary supplies due to vocal customer demand. I am excited about that. They have provided a large, airy and well-lit classroom space that is in the front of the store near the windows. I think that will be good advertisement as folks driving by will see there is something going on in there.

I can hardly wait to meet my students this Saturday, and utilize these new facilities to share my love of the craft and the secrets to socks. Hope you are planning more fun fall activities for this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good lighting is imperative. Especially for sock knitting.

Good Luck!! I will be thinking about you as I give Bison tours out at the Arsenal.