Monday, August 4, 2008

Training Continues for Ravelympics


Time is ticking down on the countdown clock outside the USOC.

So far I have knit gauge swatches to determine I have the right yarn for the right needles for the pattern. I watched videos on making bobbles for my Cowl Jump event. I will be knitting the Aibhlinn Cowl from Knitty.com.

All I have left to do is practice the moebius cast on. I think that I will do that event first in the knitting line up so I can keep the cast on fresh in my mind. Those projects are for the Holiday Handball event. I chose that because they will ultimately be Christmas gifts.


And while I am readying my supplies and practicing my technique I will think about the lovely, soothing sounds of the fountain and remember that knitting is a stress release technique for me.

Hope all of you have great events planned for the next two weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! From my understanding, you are allowed to cast on at 6am tomorrow.

I will be with you in spirit, since I don't think I'll be able to participate for real (just too busy at work right now).