Friday, September 5, 2014

Tube Quilting Continued - with Leftovers


How do you quilt leftovers, you ask?

In this case, it was easy. I took the rest of the pieces I cut from the tubes I made for the tablerunner for my neighbor and friend, then I pieced them into four blocks. One block represented a blend of the two color styles from the runner.

Then I placed them into a square design and added some more of the leftover jelly roll strips from the Sweet Pea roll by Kansas Troubles.

The back is from the leftovers of fabric I used in the other one. I will bind this one with the wine color and may quilt the sashing with a wide zigzag pattern.

Its finished measurements will be somewhere around 24-inches. And the majority of the fabric for this project will be used up. What is left I will add to my strip collection.

No comments: