Friday, January 17, 2014

Mad Scientist: Making a Heart

 
 
Since my Christmas sewing got derailed, I decided the Valentine's is my new favorite holiday to craft fabric items.

I found this pattern in the quilt shop and knew that I had the perfect charm pack at home to use. The pattern is from Pieces of My Heart - it is #471 called The Lonely Hearts Club.



While the pictured sample on the pattern is made from a true Valentine themed fabric line, I chose to go with Midwinter Reds by Minick & Simpson for Moda. It is more subtle and does not scream SEASONAL, which means I can use all year long if I like.

I had so much fun with this one I got another charm pack of the Midwinter Reds and one of Josephine that I will make up next.



All that is left to do on this one is to quilt it, I hope I can do it on the longarm with a computer version of little loopy hearts. If not I will try to do it free motion on my machine. This is one of the things I can see it in my head, can I get it onto the fabric the way I see it?

I hope everyone is enjoying their January~!

No comments: