Monday, April 30, 2012

New Socks for Me

Before retreat, I cast on a new pair of socks for me. It was a recent purchase of a new yarn line at Loopy Ewe, called Felix from Biscotte and Cie. The yarn dyer is out of Quebec and the colors are rich and gradient within each stripe. Very clever.


I am knitting this pair in the Cupcake colorway. I looked for a simple pattern that would not throw off the striping. So I chose a simple K2, P2 rib for the entire leg and then on the instep to the toe. From my past experience knitting my first self striped sock in Vesper I learned that a sock in stockinette only has a tendency to slouch more than I like.

I love this yarn, it is easy to plan the length of leg and foot because a mulitple of two full strips equals just over 1 inch. that makes it easier to just knit and not worry about measuring all the time. Example: the leg of this sock is 12 stripes to equal the 6 inches that I need.

No comments: