Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fair Isle Complete - On To Other Things

The Fair Isle hat project is complete! Thanks to mom for modelling it for the picture.

It was a really fun knit. I have found the yarn to make another one using this Aspen Leaf pattern. I am doing the main color in a spring green and the leaves in gold, more representative of Colorado.

I also have plans to do the faux Fair Isle hat from Interweave Knits magazine Summer 2007 called the Syncopated Cap. It is done with sock yarn and the most difficult part so far is finding a solid sock yarn in a nice color to complement the fun varigates. I have managed to find two different versions for two hats so far. I found Sisu and Fortissima Socka in solid color and Happy Feet by the Plymouth Yarn Co. for the varigates. The sample of the hat I got to fondle is lightweight and very soft. I think it will make a great hat for fall and spring wear. And the hunt goes on for more solid color sock yarn.

Besides hat knitting I am working on the last of the swatches, designing a beginner project that incorporates the basic knitting principles and writing up my explanation sheet for review Level One of KIC. My goal is to have it mailed to my mentor by the end of March.

Hope your month is bringing you lots of happy moments and memories!

No comments: