Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cooking from Scratch or Reinventing Leftovers from Outback

I love to cook! I find it very relaxing even when I am under a deadline to create and produce a meal. Currently my downside is I am doing it just for one. For me that is much harder than cooking for a group.

When I am just cooking for myself I find I am stuck in a rut with spaghetti and meatballs, chicken and spinach salad, ramen or burger and fried potatoes. Not very exciting yet quick meals after work.

So, when I get something really fun to create or re-create I am all over it. This past weekend I went out to dinner with my folks to the Outback Steakhouse. I love the Awesome Blossom!

We all ordered steaks and two of those were with their signature garlic smashed potatoes. We took home leftovers of steak, mushrooms and potatoes. On Sunday morning I created breakfast from the leftovers and it was fantabulous. I chopped the shrooms up into scrambled eggs with green onion and cheese, lightly reheated steak slices and fried smashed potato patties. It was scrumptious.

Cooking should be a passionate act of creation. Try it sometime, even if it is just for yourself!

Until next time: Show up for the present events in your life!

No comments: