Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Flurry

This weekend is all about getting ready for the upcoming holiday. I learned a long time ago that there is no fun in shopping for the Thanksgiving meal components the night before.

This morning I hustled out to the grocery store and bought the items I needed to prepare that I will be taking to family dinner on Thursday. I found lots of sales this year which is good. I will be doing the veggie portion of the meal and baking the pie that Mom wants to make but not transport 45 miles down the mountain. My house will smell so good on Wednesday night.

And I spent the rest of the day knitting, comfortable in the knowledge that on Wednesday evening, after work, I came come straight home and start cooking without a visit to the wildly crowded grocery store - priceless.

Note: best picture I could add was one of Pedro outside after our latest snowfall, digging in the snow. He likes it for about 15 minutes then his paws get cold. Maybe I should knit him some felted kitty booties...

2 comments:

Cathy R said...

Hmmm. I don't think Knitting the felted kitty booties will be the problem.

I think getting them applied will be the problem.

Enjoy your holiday dinner!!

Anonymous said...

I think the disdain the other kitties would show towards Pedro should stop you from doing the knitted bootie thing...