Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh, the Things We Can Learn - Lessons from the Fling


I learned some fun new things to do with leftover sock yarn from Wendy Johnson of WendyKnits. The mitered squares were lots of fun and easy. I also managed to get a curlique earring made and came up with an idea to do tiny mitered squares for earrings as well. Now I have to finish a pair so I can wear them.

I also learned a new colorwork technique - intarsia in the round - that will take more time to master. I brought my messy sample home and plan to hang it on the wall with a note -"Something to do when I am older".

I got a few goodies between my shopping trip to Loopy and swap items and the goody bag we got at registration. In the mix are two skeins of, what I have learned is stalk-worthy, Wollmeise - they are the ones on the bottom left in brown and the maroon and red mix that was specially dyed for Spring Fling. It is yummy.

While I was there I managed to finish a pair of mini hand mitts out of sock yarn. They will be nice for the cooler office this summer that is created by AC.

All in all, it was fun-filled, entertaining, and lovely to meet so many like-minded folks. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and hope to make next year a repeat adventure.

No comments: