Sunday, August 9, 2009

Coming Down Off A Sock High

Today was an early trip to the airport to go home. I hated to leave the Sock Summit and all those magical yarn fumes but work and pussycat and more projects at home called me to return. The Oakland Airport, where my connection was, had a herd of Southwest planes. It was a fun landing and takeoff because you come in over the bay and for a brief moment you imagine this is the "water landing" they tell you about during the safety review.

I had a fabulous time meeting new friends and learning a lot of new techniques that I can now incorporate into my own sock knitting. I am excited about trying some of the Japanese stitch techniques I practiced at Judy Sumner's class at Knit Purl yesterday. I can see the possibilities that these are not just for socks.

When I get home I have lots of sorting of projects and new supplies to do. I will be reviewing my new list of knitting soon. It was fun to get some repeats of the Monkey lace pattern done on my sock while I traveled today.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and found fun, new things to learn!

No comments: