Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Update

Busy weekends that equal three days are the norm this summer. It has been a gift to have the extra day to pursue all the things I love and want to accomplish. That is top of my gratitude list.

This weekend I finished a pair of what my knitting class students are calling "recession stockings" since I showed them at our Christmas in July knitting class. They are knit off the Los Lobe Hose pattern and out of yarn from The Crafts Meow.

The photo is the first one I have taken in my new Deluxe Photo Studio that mom got me for Christmas. I have some more to learn about my camera settings, but so far I like the pics that I am able to take for my Etsy shop.


In other knitting news, I was reading someone's blog and saw that they had cats and remarked that the hardest part of their knitting life is the yarn competition that they have with the cats. I guess I am lucky because Pedro is not all that interested in yarn unless I leave it out for long enough that he just cannot resist the temptation any longer. Then he tries to eat it.

This week, while I was not knitting, I was designing and building more fun knitting accessories for my Etsy shop. I concentrated on DPN holders and have them in Halloween and Christmas themes, plus safari animals, devil ducks, monkeys, and some one-of-a-kind sheep, cow and donkey sets. Next on my to-do list is to make some more stitch markers.

And I discovered Electric Sheep. It is a podcast out of the UK. She has quite a following and discusses everything from weather to tea and lots of knitting related content. She is fun and funny to listen to, well worth a listen. Check her out by clicking here.

I hope everyone has multiple reasons to be grateful for their weekends!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Every once in a while, along comes a yarn that Purrcy just can't keep his teeth out of. Not too often, though, so I guess that I should feel lucky.

With him, though, I have to watch out for the plastic stitch markers - he is OBSESSED with them and he will literally eat them out of a project...